AFYA BORA EXCHANGE PROJECT
As part of our growing strategic partnerships, we have been working with an organization in Uganda known as GLA- Global Link Afrika on an exchange programme. It involves exchange of medical professionals who are keen on serving in remote areas where we have been working before and have established access to health as one of the big challenges. This project has been facilitated by Norec (Norwegian Agency for Exchange Cooperation).
The project has been in operation for the last 5 years and we are grateful to Norec who have been made this possible through their partnership.
Some of the placements where the project has been implemented are;
1. Sololo Mission Hospital at the border between Kenya and Ethiopia.
2. St. Joseph’s shelter of hope hospital in Voi.
3. Anglican Development Services (ADS) Mt. Kenya Hospital- Wanguru health centre in Wanguru, Mwea.
4. Namasyolo Health Centre, Busia Uganda.
5. Shalom Clinic, Busia, Uganda
6. Lotirir health centre, Karamoja, Uganda
7. Anyavu health centre, Arua district, Uganda
So far, the project has had We have had over ‘20’ participants in the project. The exposure they have to communities and people from different backgrounds has been an eye opener for many of them. The opportunities to interact with the people has opened a wide range of opportunities. We have some of the participants who have gone back to the communities they served in to be long term missionaries. Check out NOREC WEBSITE HERE