Last week was our April Ministry Training Week. It was Easter week and the approaching celebration of the sufferings and victorious resurrection of our Lord and Saviour brought a sharpness and shone a bright light on our time together. Fidel opened up the neglected book of Lamentations for us, we walked through the last chapters of Romans and the letter to the Ephesians, chewing on all sorts of meaty issues along the way.
One of the highlights for many of us was the lecture by Dr Caleb Kim on the last day – Good Friday – where he helped us explore the theme of spiritual warfare in Ephesians. He helped us see that spiritual power is really all about knowing the gospel of deliverance and our identity in Christ and then standing firm in Him. He discussed truth encounter and allegiance encounter as neglected but crucial elements of power encounter, and he testified to how he had personally spent hundreds of hours witnessing and interviewing witch doctors and yet was unharmed: “Look at me. I’m still here. I’m ok. I’m not scared. I’m in Christ.” In this way he not only taught us some great rock-solid gospel truths but he also represented in his very presence a living proof of our security in the Christ who has been exalted far above all authorities and powers and every name that is invoked.
He is risen indeed!
- Gospel and Guidance: decision-making in the light of God’s big plan
- Doctrine of Salvation
- FBT: communicating clearly & culturally
- Augustine in 30 minutes
- Luther in 30 minutes and Luther resources
- Helen Roseveare in 30 minutes
- Job seeking, CV, interview skills and job culture
- Starting a business and personal finances
- How not to get fired
- How to be a decent person
- How to get married
- How to be wise on social media
2nd year programme:
- Mission History: Lessons from the life of John Paton
- Prepared for a life of transitions
- Media, politics and culture: Having a gospel view of everything
- Introduction to the Sacraments
- Marks of a Spiritual Leader
- Ministry and the Heart
- Growing in these things & passing them on
- Introduction to Eschatology