Thanking God for teaching us lots of things about himself and ourselves last week. Thanks for our external speakers and facilitators who were really excellent. Thanks for our cooks who fed us wonderfully. Thanks for the apprentices who graciously endured long days and cramped conditions and engaged brilliantly.
Here are the resources, notes and links to accompany the training:
- Sermon Preparation Toolkit; Evangelistic Preaching notes; 10 commandments for Evangelistic Preaching
- Gospel & Guidance: Decision-making in light of God’s big plan; Resources on Guidance
- Augustine in 30 minutes
- Doctrine of Salvation – Harrison’s 2006 paper [pdf] [mobi-Kindle]
- Personal finances, job-seeking skills and setting up a business (Duncan Olumbe & David Maina); How not to get fired
- How can I tell if I’m ‘called’ to pastoral ministry (Kevin DeYoung)
- Luther in 30 minutes and Luther resources
- Practical medley – how to be a decent person, get married and be wise on social media.
Second year apprentice resources:
- Prepared for a life of transitions
- Media, politics and culture: Having a gospel view of everything
- Introduction to the Sacraments
- Marks of a Spiritual Leader
- Ministry and the Heart
- Growing in these things & passing them on
- Introduction to Eschatology
iServe Africa is an indigenous Kenyan gospel-driven organisation that exists to promote faithful Bible teaching and servant leadership.